Monday, October 10, 2011

Introduction

The dying would be easy.. it was the living that I did not know if I could do, that is my perspective on life. I am Nikki Sixx and I am the founder, chief song writer, and bassist for Motley Crue. I was so hooked on heroin and cocaine that I had to die two times before I began to contemplate a more positive life style. When I was fifteen years old, I remember Iggy and the Stooges song , "Search and Destroy" reaching out to me from my speakers. There could not be anymore truer words for such an alienated teenager like me. Another one of my musical heroes, Alice Cooper, sang "Welcome to my Nightmare" It was like he could see my future. I guess if you could mix those songs together it would have been the theme song to my adolescence. On Christmas day 1986, I was a member of one of the biggest rock n roll bands in the world.I was also an alcoholic, a coke addict, and a heroin addict, heading into a pill-popping downward spiral of depression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment